Note: Unless otherwise indicated, you must be a current senior (12th grade) in order to apply for these scholarships this year.
REMEMBER – CONTACT THE COLLEGE ADMISSIONS/FINANCIAL AID OFFICES OF THE COLLEGES YOU ARE CONSIDERING TO ASK ABOUT THEIR “IN-HOUSE” OR INSTITUTIONAL SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES!!! THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SOURCES OF FINANCIAL AID!
- SECU Foundation People Helping People Scholarship – $10,000 over 4 years to one of the 16 public UNC system universities.
- Wize USA High School Scholarship - All high school years are eligible to apply. $1,000. Due June 29 (https://app.goingmerry.com/scholarships/wize-usa-high-school-scholarship/12121?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=scholarships-with-summer-deadlines&utm_content=registered-counselors)
- Aviation Program Scholarship - $2,500. Given to a high school senior interested in aviation. Due June 30 (https://app.goingmerry.com/scholarships/aviation-program-scholarship/14755?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=scholarships-with-summer-deadlines&utm_content=registered-counselors)
- Delete Cyberbullying Scholarship Award - $1,000. All high school students can apply. Due June 30 (https://app.goingmerry.com/scholarships/delete-cyberbullying-scholarship-award/7267?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=scholarships-with-summer-deadlines&utm_content=registered-counselors)
- Community Foundation of WNC Scholarship Programs – Several scholarship opportunities are available: https://cfwnc.org/students/scholarship-directory
- College Board Opportunity Scholarships – This scholarship program is open to all students and it doesn’t require an essay, application, or minimum GPA. Instead, it rewards your effort and initiative. Complete key steps along your path to college for a chance to earn up to $40,000 in scholarships. https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/
- SEANC Scholarship – https://www.seanc.org/scholarship One of the outstanding benefits of SEANC membership is its scholarship program for active and associate members, their spouses, and dependent children. Membership in teachers’ organizations or the State Employees’ Credit Union (SECU) does not constitute eligibility for a SEANC Foundation scholarship. However, state and local government employees and retirees, and state university system scholarship athletes are eligible to join SEANC if they so desire.
- FELS – Forgivable Education Loans for Service – http://www.cfnc.org/FELS Established by the North Carolina General Assembly in 2011, the Forgivable Education Loans for Service provides financial assistance to qualified students enrolled in an approved education program and committed to working in critical employment shortage professions in North Carolina.
- CFNC Financial Literacy – Take a short financial literacy basics course through CFNC, and be entered to win a $500 scholarship. https://basics.financialliteracy101.org/
- ACCESS at Appalachian State University – Appalachian State University is committed to making higher education affordable for every North Carolina student and has developed the Appalachian Commitment to a College Education for Student Success (ACCESS) program as a method to insure that students from low-income families in North Carolina can attend Appalachian debt-free. The ACCESS program offers such students a four-year university education at Appalachian debt-free. Specifically, the ACCESS program supplements federal financial aid grants, state financial aid grants and scholarships, and other forms of financial assistance with sufficient funds to cover the cost of institutional charges (tuition, fees, room, board) and, for those who qualify, an on-campus job for personal expenses for up to four years (eight semesters).
For more information, visit http://lap.appstate.edu/access
- North Carolina Independent Colleges & Universities – find out more about these colleges, the options they offer, and how to make them affordable at http://www.ncicu.org/
- Scholarship Gold Consulting – https://www.scholarshipgold.com/
Be sure to visit the College Foundation of NC Page www.cfnc.org and click on the “Pay” tab for information about scholarships, grants, and loans for NC residents.
Other scholarship databases/search sites:
Other scholarship databases/search sites: