- CFNC College Preparation Opportunities – Search a database of programs offered in NC at https://www.cfnc.org/site/planner/college_preparation/college_preparation_search.jsp
- Page Programs - The North Carolina State Government offers students ages *15-18 opportunities to serve as pages for the Governor and for state legislators. For more information, see Mrs. Powell or visit:
- http://governor.nc.gov/administration/pages (Governor’s Page Program – *must be 16 for the Governor’s page program)
- https://www.ncleg.net/Senate/SenatePages/Apply (NC Senate Page Program)
- https://www.ncleg.net/house/housepagesite/ (NC House Page Program)
- Project Uplift at UNC-Chapel Hill (for current 11th graders) – https://diversity.unc.edu/access/summer/project-uplift/
- NC Renaissance at UNC-Chapel Hill (for current 10th graders) – https://diversity.unc.edu/access/summer/ncr/
- Red Cross Leaders Save Lives Program – Organize and host a blood drive when school is not in session (winter and summer breaks), and you can win up to $2,500 in scholarships! https://www.redcrossblood.org/hosting-a-blood-drive/learn-about-hosting/why-host-a-blood-drive/leaders-save-lives.html
- Gardner-Webb University – The Honors Experience – https://gardner-webb.edu/academic-programs-and-resources/academic-enrichment-programs/the-honors-experience/index As a high school student who has already demonstrated excellence in the classroom and community, you will be provided with the opportunity to develop your skills in a hands on setting, under the instruction of our exceptional faculty and staff. You will participate in two credit bearing college courses that are designed to help you develop the confidence you need to continue in your pursuit of academic excellence, engage academics with Christian faith, and experience the impact of service learning.
- Western Carolina University – Live Your Legacy Summit – http://ibmee.org/live-your-legacy-camp/ For current 9th-11th grade young ladies. The Summit is held at Western Carolina University where girls get to learn and grow in a college setting. During the week, we provide “high impact” wellness, empowerment and leadership experiences that support the girls in gaining the freedom, confidence and skills to live their highest and healthiest visions for themselves, their relationships, their community and their world, moving them forward with having the best chance of reaching their full potential, physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually in school, career and life (no matter their previous challenges). Application deadline is Thursday, April 30, 2020.
Most colleges/universities will hold Fall and Spring Open House dates. Contact their admissions office and/or check online for their dates and information. Remember, JUNIORS AND SENIORS are allowed 2 “free” days (with at least one week’s notice/approval) to visit the colleges of your choice (see me for the required forms). You may also want to consider the Fall Break of October 18-20 and Spring Break of April 6-13 to do college visits, as well as Teacher Workday in March and summer vacation.